Useful Tips You must know before heading to Andaman or while in the Island
1) Always check the latest weather report from trusted sources; Before your Trip, During your trip as well.
2) Inter-island Ferries do not usually ply post 4 pm.
3) Daily helicopter services are available from Port Blair to other inter-island tourist destinations, such as Shaheed Dweep (Neil Island), Swaraj Dweep (Havelock Island), Diglipur, Hutbay etc.
4) Scuba diving is a must do activity at Havelock Island. And if you do then, avail the service of certified instructors of an international professional organization like PADI, CMAS, NAUI, BSAC or SSI for safe driving experience.
5) Natural Bridge and Coral Point in Neil Island have to be visited during the low tide period only.
6) Stay in the Neil island for at least 1-2 days. Thank me Later.
7) Beware of the saltwater crocodiles in the Havelock Island. Always Consult with Lifeguards.
8) There is no toilet or changing rooms in the Elephant beach. Not even for Girls and Ladies.
9) Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera, Comfortable shoes, Comfortable clothes, Towels, Extra clothes- Must keep it in your suitcases.
10) Lifeguards are always available by the beach, so consult with them before entering the sea.
11) Do not swim after consuming liquor for your own safety.
12) Foreign Nationals should enter the islands with required permit from the immigration authorities.
13) Choose an expert local tour operator to be your guide.
14) While planning a trek through dense tropical forests always get accompanied and guided by local guides. Wear suitable clothes and shoes according to the vegetation, density and soil conditions of the trekking terrain. Water bottles, map, communication device, flash light, basic first aid are some other requisites.
15) Do not try to fly back to the mainland with dead coral or shells in your backpack. You will get checked at Port Blair Airport and will need to pay a fine.
Crime and Traffic Helpline: 100
Fire Control: 101
Women helpline: 1091,1144 or 18003451144
Child helpline: 1098
Police head office: 0392 233333, 230372, 232100
Fire service station: 101 / 03192 232101/ 232107/ 232301/ 232320/ 232325
Inspector of general of Police: 03192 230216/ 230346 (R)
Disaster Management Control Room: 03192 238881
Tourism Police Office: 03192 231346