Flavored (Spinach & Carrot) Noodles |Darjeeling Recipe
Delicious Noodles made with Real Spinach/ Carrot and flour tossed with veggies and sauces can be served in dinner or Lunch.
Ingredients: (For 2 Persons)
Spinach Noodles or Carrot Noodles (available in Local markets of Darjeeling)
1 Large Capsicum, cut in juliennes
2 Carrots, cut in juliennes
1 Medium cabbage, cut into juliennes
1 Large Onion, cut into strips
1 cup of corn, boiled (frozen corns need no boiling)
1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Red chilli Powder
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Tomato sauce (optional)
2 Tbsp Black pepper
Salt as required
1. Take 2 cups of water in a medium pan and add 1 Tbsp of oil into it. On medium heat keep the water to boil. Next, add the Raw noodles and a pinch of salt into it. (While cooking these specific noodles, make sure the water amount is perfect as the draining process is avoided here. Reason- The Spinach and Carrot vitamins get extracted when you drain the remaining water)
2. When the noodles starts to soften, turn off the gas; take out the noodles in a large bowl and toss them adding a little bit of oil.
3. Now heat 2 Tbsp oil in another pan on medium heat. Once its hot enough, add the chopped ginger and garlic into it. Stir for 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced onions and saute for another minute.
Once the onions get soft and translucent add all the vegetable juliennes (Cabbage, Carrot, Capsicum) except Corn.
Give it a mix and cook for 3-4 minutes. (Do not overcook the vegetables)
5. When the veggies are nice and soft, Add corn & Sprinkle coriander powder, Cumin powder, red chili powder on them.
6. Add soy sauce and Tomato ketchup. Stir and mix all of it properly so that the sauces get mixed with the vegetables.
7. Now add Salt and pepper into it and mix once again.
8. Finally, Add the noodles and toss everything together till the noodles is coated with the mixture.
9. Optional: You can add 1 Tbsp butter at this stage to enhance the flavor a little more.
10. Once the noodles get cooked and heated through, turn the gas off and serve it on a plate. Enjoy!!