Pasta in White Sauce
Updated: Nov 7, 2019
Yummy Pasta all the way from Italy! Just kidding, You can make this at your home and experience all that Italy feels. Interested? Go on and have a look at thefoodiebutterfly's easy peasy Pasta Recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
For White Sauce-
2 Tbsp of Butter
2 Tbsp of Maida
1-2 Bay leaves
1 small onion (Layers peeled off)
1 Tbsp of oregano
1 Tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
Any pasta of your choice (Macaroni, Penne )
1 Tbsp oil
Roasted or fried Veggies (Optional)
Herbs (thyme, dried basil etc)
Salt to taste
For White Sauce- 1) Heat a saucepan on low flame. Add 2 Tbsp of butter into it and when it starts melting add 1 bay leave (Breaking into half) and 2 Tbsp of maida (All purpose Flour) to it.
2) As soon as you add the flour, stir it quickly and continuously with the help of a Wired whisk to avoid forming lumps. It also helps the flour to cook evenly from every side.
3) Let the flour to froth and bubble up while you stir. Keep stirring till you get the perfect pale golden colour.
4) When the flour starts to leave aroma, Add 1 cup of chilled milk slowly into the pan. Keep pouring and stirring the mixture at the same time. This helps in avoiding lumps, which is necessary for the creamy texture of the White sauce.
5) Allow the milk to get heated and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add a small onion (Whole, and not cut) to it & then simmer the gas till the mixture starts to thicken.
6) At this stage, add a Cheese cube into the mixture. Cheese helps to give the sauce a creamy texture and enhance the taste.
7) Add Salt, 1 tea spoon of Pepper and 1 Tbsp of Oregano into the sauce. Give it a stir for 1 minute to mix everything.
8) When the sauce starts to thicken, Turn off the gas and to maintain a liquid consistency give it a final stir.
1) Boil 4 cups of water in a pan and add 1 Tsp of salt and 1 Tbsp of oil into it. (Adding oil into the water prevents the stickiness of pasta)
2) When the water starts to boil, add 1 cup of Pasta into it and give it a stir. Cook the Pasta on a Medium-High flame,
3) When the Pasta is ready (al dente texture=), Switch off the flame and with the help of a strainer, Strain the excess water from the pasta.
4) Now add the Pasta into the white sauce. (At this stage, you can also add roasted or fried veggies). Mix really well so that the pasta gets coated with the white sauce.
5) Garnish with some fresh herbs.
Have you tried it yet? Did you find the process easy enough?
Please Write to me - email@example.com
Read my other blogs here-
Veg. Fried Rice Recipe