Top Places to Visit in Rourkela, Odisha | Sudha Saswati Nayak
Hi New Reader,
Welcome to a fresh travel page of The Foodie Butterfly where you can find about some of the top places of Rourkela- The Steel City of Odisha.
1. Vedvyas Temple
This holy place is named after the sage "Vyasa" who is also the composer of our Epic Mahabharata. It is situated at the confluence of Sankha, Koel and Saraswati river and together they flow as One river known as the Bramhani River.
How to Reach: Nearest Railway Station: Rourkela Railway Station -14.6 km from Vedavyas
Nearest Airport: Rourkela Airport, Jharsuguda Airport - 14 km from Vedavyas
Nearest Bus stand: Rourkela Bus Stand, Udit Nagar, Rourkela - 12.7 km from Vedavyas
You can also hire Private cabs, auto rickshaws in Rourkela which are easily available in the City.
1. The temple witnesses a large gathering of devotees on the day of Shivaratri.
2. The Vyasa Cave, which is said to be the place where the sage Vedvyas wrote Mahabharata, is not accessible now due to the soil erosion.
3. There is a presence of an underground tunnel in between the cave and the river where sage Vedvyas used to pay homage to the god without getting in the notice of anyone.
2. Hanuman Vatika
What to see: One of the World’s tallest statue of Lord Hanuman. The height of the statue is 75 feet. Every year on 23 February it celebrates its foundation day.
How to Reach: The distance of Hanuman Vatika is 5.8 km from Rourkela Airport, 7.3 km from the Rourkela Railway Station, 5.4 km from the Main Bus stand.
1. The Hanuman statue was built by Sri Lakshman Swami of Hyderabad.
2. There are many other temples inside the premises including 12 jyotirlingas, Sai Baba Temple, Batta Mangala Devi, Sarala Devi Temple, Jagannath Temple, Lakshmi and Santoshi Mata Temple.
Hope this article helps you to plan your journey to Rourkela soon.
What is your favorite spot in Rourkela? Leave a Comment below to let me know.