Veg. Fried Rice (Indian Style)
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
2 Cups of Long grain Basmati Rice, rinsed
2 cups of Vegetables (Beans, Carrot, Peas, Cauliflower, baby corn, bell peppers)
7-8 Paneer cubes (Optional)
9-10 no. of Cashew nuts
1 Tbsp (15 ml) vegetable or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Vinegar
½ Teaspoon pepper, coarsely crushed
Salt as needed
3-4 spring onions (Optional)
4-5 Coriander leaves (For garnishing)
1. Soak the rice for 10-15 minutes & cook the rinsed rice until its soft and al dente. Add a few drops of oil in between so that they wont stick to each other.
2. Drain the water & Let the rice cool down for a bit and with the help of a spatula/Big spoon, fluff up the rice to avoid formation of any lumps.
3. Now, Start chopping all the vegetables and keep them aside in a large bowl. (Add the Paneer cubes, optional)
4. Heat the oil in a pan/wok on high flame and add the minced garlic. Sauté it until the aroma start to spread.
5. Now add all the chopped vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
6. Lower the flame to medium, and Cover the lid to allow the veggies soften a little.
7. Add Vinegar and Salt. (You can add a little water if it becomes dry), Give it a mix.
8. Now add the boiled rice and sprinkle the pepper.
9. Toss everything together. Fry for 3-4 minutes so that its properly mixed.
10. Garnish with Spring onions, fried cashews & Coriander leaves.
~Cool the rice completely before adding it to the pan/wok.
~Do not overcook the veggies as they lose their crunchiness.
~To make Chinese style Fried rice, add Soya Sauce, Vinegar and salt all together.